I have been teaching and playing guitar professionally for thirty years. My students range in age from 5 to 67 and from absolute beginners through to professional players. My aim is always to make your lessons informative, inspiring and above all enjoyable. Whether you're a child or adult, beginner or advanced, studying for exams or simply playing for fun, I tailor the lessons to your individual needs and learning style. "He has always been kind and patient, and has tailored his teaching to my likes and dislikes. His wealth of knowledge and experience is obvious from the wide range of genres the lessons have covered."
"At all times, patient and professional"
The lessons take place in a dedicated, air-conditioned teaching studio providing a focused but relaxed atmosphere. "Joel's studio is very well equipped and comfortable for the student." The facilities available in this studio allow me to provide individual audio and visual support to the lessons in the form of audio recordings of guitar parts, slowed down versions of songs and videos of myself playing the parts as a visual aid. All of this and all the traditional printed notes are included in the price of your lessons.
Facilities on offer include:
- Tuition in contemporary electric/acoustic guitar in any style from beginners to advanced
- Tuition covers technique, theory, reading music, improvisation (lead and rhythm), composition, musicianship, ear training and the practical application of all these aspects
- Tuition takes place in a pupose built, fully air-conditioned studio with a comfortable waiting room for parents where they can watch the lesson if they wish. (Television and reading material are provided)
- Top quality professional guitar amplification and effects processors
- Modern digital recording facilities
- Spare guitars (right and left handed) available for students to use during lessons
- Lessons are tailored to individual students
- Backing tracks provided to aid learning process
- Individual videos can be recorded to help visualise a piece or technique
For those students interested in gaining formal qualifications I offer a wide range of exams from pre grade to diploma in electric or acoustic guitar and theory. I have a 100% pass rate and in 28 years only two students have gained less than 75% marks. I must stress that no one is ever pushed into taking exams. If your interest is simply to play for fun then that's fine with me.
"Going to be very hard to find a better musician, teacher or nicer guy to study under."